Energy Wastage Analysis – Comparison, Strategy and Observations
Following is the comparison of load/consumptions of June, July and August (prior to plug load exercise) and September (post plug load exercise) in both our offices.
Following is the comparison of load/consumptions of August and September of this year (2012) and last year same periods (2011) in both our offices.
Strategies implemented to reduce Energy wastage:
- Chilled Water
- Decreased the AC usage during the power cut timings, lunch, non-office hours depending on the density of the associates
- Implementation of the Power saving mode for the CPUs and monitors
- Switch off the ovens to remove the phantom loads (battery consumption)
- Above chilled water implementation
- There has been a decrease in the consumption the energy by reducing the energy wastage (by implementing the strategies (a and b) above)
- The Diesel consumption has increased due to the increase in power cuts and a decrease in the electricity consumption
- There has been an increase in the diesel rates from the month of September (which is a new cost).
||Aug 2012 Consumption (kWh)
||Sep 2012 Consumption (kWh)
There has been an overall decrease in consumption of load leading to a decrease in the wastage of Energy implying Energy Savings. This has also proven to be a monetary benefit.